Last revised 28 March 2018
Privacy, Data Protection, and Cookies Policy
By giving your consent, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you do not give your consent, please navigate away from the Vacancy Filler Site.
You may withdraw your consent at any time. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation (as defined below), the data processor is Vacancy Filler Limited, a limited liability company with company number 06753483, whose registered office is at The Gables, Bishop Meadow Road, Loughborough LE11 5RE.
Our nominated representative, as Data Protection Officer for the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, is Jon Brookes, Director.
If you are not satisfied with any action taken by us or response given, you have the right to complain to Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk, or helpline telephone number: 0303 1231113. We are registered with the ICO and our registration number is Z2880418.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Cookie: a small file placed on your computer or device by the Vacancy Filler Site when you visit certain parts of the Vacancy Filler Site and/or when you use certain features of the Vacancy Filler Site.
Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Data Protection Legislation: up to but excluding 25 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998 and thereafter:
(a) unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then
(b) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation, being at the date of this policy, any data which identifies a natural person (by way of example, name, address, phone number and so on).
What this policy also covers
This policy also explains:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected:
-on the Vacancy Filler Site, when you interact with it;
-when you download from the Vacancy Filler Site;
– when you interact with Vacancy Filler ’s advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
- What organisation is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use and distribution of the information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Vacancy Filler ’s control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information; and
- How you can request the information we process and store to be removed.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms and our website
We may update and change these terms and our website from time to time for a variety of reasons. By way of examples: to reflect changes to the services we offer, user’s needs, regulatory or legal requirements. Every time you wish to use the Vacancy Filler Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were updated on 7 March 2018.
Children under the age of 16
Persons under the age of 16 are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors do not submit any personal information to us. We will not knowingly accept any data from a person who is under the age of 16 years.
Information We Collect from you
We will collect and process the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
- If you: (a) complete one of our forms on the Vacancy Filler Site; (b) subscribe to our services; (c) post material or request further services; (d) report a problem with the Vacancy Filler Site; (e ), respond to surveys; (f) otherwise correspond with us; or (g) apply for vacancies on line, we may collect your name, address (including e mail address), other contact details, phone numbers, dates of birth, employment history, skills, and qualifications.
- If you are a candidate applying for vacancies and you complete an online test via ISV Software Limited’s portal, although we will not be party to the information you submit, we may receive a copy of your test results.
- If you are a candidate and you use our support desk, the support desk may raise a support ticket to deal with your request. By raising a ticket we may have your name, address and contact details;
- By applying for vacancies you will be subject to the data protection and privacy policies of our clients who will store and process your Personal Data according to those policies.
Use of your information
We will use the data collected about you in the following ways:
- to provide services to you;
- to provide information about our business or services which may be of interest to you;
- improve the efficiency of the Vacancy Filler Site;
- to develop services;
- to notify you of changes to our services;
- to understand our customer requirements and preferences, perform analysis and comparisons;
- to administer and update our website to ensure it runs smoothly on your hardware;
- to perform market research or analysis on customer preferences or trends and
- to offer you support in the event that you have a problem or an issue with the Vacancy Filler Site.
Please also see below under “Cookies”.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on Amazon Web Services servers and those of our clients (if you submit Personal Data as a candidate). Our clients’ data protection and privacy policies will apply to the storage of such information. We use TLS (transport layer security) technology to encrypt the data on the Vacancy Filler Site. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Vacancy Filler Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We take all reasonable organisation and technical steps to ensure that the information you supply to us over the internet is secure.
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights:
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you submit an enquiry form on the Vacancy Filler Site, you give your consent to Vacancy Filler contacting you for marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Vacancy Filler Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
- You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact us at: email@example.com
- You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold in the event that it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us at: email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Vacancy Filler Site;
- credit reference agencies to assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- To a prospective buyer or seller if we sell or buy any business or assets.
- If any of the shares in Vacancy Filler are sold or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
All Cookies used by Vacancy Filler on the Vacancy Filler Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies- A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of the Vacancy Filler Site, supporting functions such as logging in.
- Analytics and Flash Cookies- it is important for Vacancy Filler to understand how you use the Vacancy Filler Site. For example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Vacancy Filler to improve the Vacancy Filler Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies- enable us to provide additional functions to you on the Vacancy Filler Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Persistent Cookies- any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit the Vacancy Filler Site.
- Session Cookies- any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit the Vacancy Filler Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies aren’t deleted when you close your browser, to delete these cookies you will need to clear your browser history.
- Web beacons- certain pages on the Vacancy Filler Site and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons. Web beacons permit Vacancy Filler to monitor the volume of users of the Vacancy Filler Site and the popularity of certain pages.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device you will be shown a cookie compliance statement, requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide you with the best possible experiences and services to you. You may wish to deny consent to the placing of the Cookies at which point we request you cease using the website.
In addition to the controls that Vacancy Filler provides, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies and the web beacons referred to above in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please access the help menu in your internet browser.
External Web Services and Links
We use a number of external web services on the Vacancy Filler Site, mostly to display content within our web pages. This is not an exhaustive or complete list of the services we use, or might use, in the future when embedding content, but these are the most common. We cannot prevent these third-party sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads and so on.
Some emails that we send have tracking on so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to the Vacancy Filler Site.
Suppliers and Other Service Providers
From time to time we use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services. Where any service provider collects information directly from you (for example, if we ask a service provider to conduct a survey for us) you will be notified of the involvement of the supplier or service provider, and all information disclosures you make will be strictly optional.
Control of Your Password
You must not disclose your Vacancy Filler password to any third parties nor share it with any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your Personal Data which in turn may commit you legally binding obligations without your consent. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org